Drop-Off & Pickup
Morning drop-off procedures
- Drop-off begins at 8:40 a.m. Students cannot be unsupervised and there are no before-school activities, so please be mindful that there is no one to supervise your child before this time.
- Upon entering the parking lot, create a single file line. Staff will direct you when and where to pull forward.
- Pull your vehicle as far forward as possible to allow 5-6 vehicles to unload at one time.
- Students should exit vehicles from the passenger side only.
- In the morning, you may walk your child to the front door; however, parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the building.
Afternoon pickup procedures
At Crest View, we have two options for picking up students. Parent/guardian pickup begins at 3:20 p.m. Please be prompt, as there are no after-school programs at Crest View. If you wish to pick your child(ren) up prior to 2:50 p.m., please park your vehicle in the parking lot, come to the front entry, and call the school office at 763-561-5165. Students will only be released to authorized individuals. Identification may be requested if an individual is unrecognized by staff.
Option 1: Door 8
- If you choose to pick up your child via foot, please park your vehicle in the parking lot and walk to door 8.
- A staff member will be outside to radio for your child(ren) to leave the building and meet you at door 8.
- Please escort your child(ren) to your vehicle; students are not allowed to enter the parking lot unsupervised.
Option 2: Car Line
- If you choose to pick your child(ren) up via the car line, you will remain in your vehicle.
- When pulling into the Crest View parking lot, please create a single file line, pulling your vehicle as far forward in the line as possible.
- Staff members will be in the parking lot to radio for your child(ren) and students will be dismissed from their classroom.
- Staff will escort younger students to their vehicle so there is no need to exit your car.
- Students will enter the vehicle from the passenger side only.
- If you need to help with buckling your child in or putting them into a car seat, please allow the student to enter the vehicle and proceed to pull out of the line and into a parking space. Once in a parking space, you may exit your vehicle to help safely secure your child in the vehicle.
Our parent pick-up procedures are designed to maintain a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal for you, our students and our staff.
- Refrain from using cell phones while in the pickup lane.
- Always attend to your vehicle; if you choose to pick up at door 8 you must park your vehicle in a parking space.
- Listen to school personnel for directions.
- Always be on the lookout for others.
- Show grace, patience and kindness; everyone wants to get home safely.